Thursday, 28 August, 2014,16:12
Русская версия Українська версія for-ua.com English version
ForUm - самое цитируемое Интернет-издание. Главные новости Украины и мира. Home| News| One-line news| Articles| Interview| Gallery| Comments| Forum| Archive| Service| Search| About us
News / 28 January 2014 | 16:24
State Statistics Service: Ukraine’s pension reform was inevitable step

State Statistics Service: Ukraine’s pension reform was inevitable step


Pension reform in Ukraine was an inevitable step, first deputy head of the State Statistics Service Vadym Pishcheiko said during a briefing "Socioeconomic situation in Ukraine on the results of 2013," ForUm correspondent reports.

He noted that salaries account for only 40% in the structure of incomes of population. The remaining 60% comes from pensions, scholarships, social assistance, etc.

"In fact, we are a nation of dependents. 60% are spent on us. This is a huge burden on the budget. This actually forms the deficit. We can not serve our own needs. Pension reform was inevitable because Ukraine cannot today afford itself large army of pensioners, which has developed as a result of certain demographic circumstances," Pishcheiko said.

ForUm
Версия для печати
Speaker meeting heads of diplomatic missions of EU countries
On February 3 in Kyiv, speaker of Ukrainian parliament Volodymyr Rybak held a meeting with heads of diplomatic missions of EU countries, accredited in Ukraine
Rada coordination board sitting
On February 3 in Kyiv, the coordination board of heads of parliamentary factions and committees held a sitting
NBU issuing commemorative coins dedicated to Olympic games
On February 3, the National Bank of Ukraine put into circulation two commemorative coins "XXII winter Olympic games" of value 10 and 2 hryvnias
Azarov saying good-bye to the Cabinet
On January 29, now acting Prime Minister Mykola Azarov and first vice PM Serhiy Arbuzov presided at a sitting of the acting Cabinet
VR holding extraordinary sitting
On January 28 the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine held an extraordinary sitting
Protesters occupied Ukrainian House
On the night of January 25/26 protesters occupied the  building of the Ukrainian House in Yevropeiska square, previously vacated by law enforcements
09:49 February 6-7, Ukrainian President Viktor Yanukovych pays working visit to the Russian Federation

4 February 2014
14:57 Skier Valentyna Shevchenko will bear Ukrainian flag at the opening of Olympic Games in Sochi
14:15 Rivne Regional Council chairman Yuri Kichatyi voluntarily resigned 

Read all news →
Top    
Editorial staff:english@for-ua.com
Republication or redistribution of ForUm content, including by framing or similar means,
is allowed with the reference to en.for-ua.com only.
All rights are reserved by © LTD. Inter-Media, ForUm 2001-2014
bigmir)net TOP 100